Trading Standards prosecutions are just one of an increasing range of prosecutions that can be initiated by your local authority. You can be affected by an alleged Trading Standards offence whether you are an individual or a business. In either case, Richard Wood of Criminal Matters can offer our expert guidance and represent you in court should it come to that.
Such prosecutions may include:
- Taxi driver’s alleged to be ‘Plying for Hire’ unlawfully
- Consumer Rights
- Sale of age restricted products and food labelling
- Noise Pollution
- Benefit Fraud
- Dangerous Dogs and Dog Fouling
- Animal Welfare and Animal Cruelty
- Overloading vehicles
- Providing Imitation Goods (e.g. fake designers clothes) and Breaches of Copyright
- Cutting down trees in a conservation area
- Unfair Trading and misleading advertising
PLEASE CALL ON 0800 4334 613 FOR A FREE AND WITHOUT OBLIGATION DISCUSSION ABOUT YOUR CASE, OR SEND AN ENQUIRY FOR QUICK ADVICE.
Trading Standard Investigations & Prosecution
This is a particularly complex and specialised area of law. However, we can help provide pragmatic and concise advice on many issues arising in this area of law. Such issues could include:
- Selling an un-roadworthy car
- Supplying unsafe electrical equipment
- False and/or misleading advertising
- Supplying rented accommodation with equipment that does not conform to safety standards
Richard has vast experience in defending sole traders and businesses facing a Trading Standards investigation and/or prosecution. He can also deal with civil actions brought about by Trading Standards under the Enterprise Act and Criminal Prosecutions for Fraud. Trading Standards prosecutions are serious and can result in custodial sentences, so it is important to get advice at an early stage.
If you are facing a Trading Standards prosecution and need assistance, then please call us on 0800 4334 613.